Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Storyboard Content

What is the content you’ll be using in your lesson?

                  I will be making a storyboard using a poem.  The poem I will be using the poem, “I Love Squishy Things,” by Dave Rudolf from his book “Please Don’t Tease the Dragon!”  Hopefully this will get the children excited about poetry and alliteration or word sounds.  I will be using music from Freeplaymusic.com and pictures that I get off of google images. 

What is the pedagogy you’ll be using and why is it a good fit with the content?

I will be using the Utah 2nd grade Core, Standard 4– Phonics and Spelling – Students use phonics and other strategies to decode and spell unfamiliar words while reading and writing.  Objective 2 – Use knowledge of structural analysis to decode words, Indicator b. Identify sound patterns and apply knowledge to decode3 words (e.g., blends, digraphs, vowel patterns, r-controlled vowels).  I will use the poem above to help point out different word combinations and spellings that are found in the poem.  There is a lot of alliteration.

What is the technology you’ll be using and why is it a good fit with the content and pedagogy?

                  I will be using pictures from google images online, music from freeplaymusic.com, and a microphone to record the poem.  I will use Photostory to put it all together.  




No comments:

Post a Comment