Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Readings

1. What article did you choose to read for your fourth article?

I read "Rated A," by Elder Marvin J. Ashton of the Council of the Twelve Apostles, printed in the November 1977 Ensign.

2. What were the most important things you learned from the readings?

These readings were a great reminder to me of the power and influence that media can have on you. There is a lot of bad media out there and a lot of good. The great thing is that we can choose what we will view and participate in. As I read I have been examining what I will participate in and what I will not.

3. How will what you have read influence your actions as a parent and/or teacher of children and youth?

As a parent/teacher I will show my children how to properly use media and how to choose uplifting media. I will guide them when they are exposed to media and help them to make good decisions. FHE and activities are great opportunities. I will use so much good media and how how much there is that they will realize how much good media there is and there's not enough time to participate in all the good, let alone the bad. We will discuss the use of media, its purposes, and how often we use it. We will learn how to use it correctly and practice it. Children must learn how to make correct decisions so that when they are on their own they will make them wisely and knowingly.

4. How can you use what you have learned from the reading to have a positive influence on family and friends?

I can use what I have learned to help my family and friends by helping to make the resources available to them and discuss them with them. When I am with them I can share my standards for media use with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment